Working With Children Checks - NSW

Who is Required to get a Working With Children Check.

All Junior Coaches, Senior Coaches and Senior Captains of CAW Club sides.

All CAW Representative Coaches and Captain.

Who Administers It

The new agency who administer the Working with Children Check are the
Office of the Children's Guardian. 

You can click here to visit their site. 

They have excellent resources and free workshops across NSW.

How Can I Apply For One

1. Apply online at Service New South Wales

2. You will receive an application number.  Make sure you indicate you are a volunteer

3. Go to the Motor Registry with your application.

4. You will then be sent your official Working With Children Check number by email

5. This number must be given to your Cricket Club

This check lasts for 5 years.

Other Relevant Information

Clubs should register as an employer to be able to verify each of their volunteers.

The check is fully portable which means it can be used for any unpaid
child-related work as long as the worker remains cleared.